Monday, January 17, 2011

Wegmans

Last Wednesday I went on an adventure with the fabulous Melissa. We go on a few adventures but this one was special…she introduced me to Wegmans. Holy Cow! What a store! It is a foodie’s paradise…the cheese section alone was like the size of my house…that’s just specialty cheeses not even including the everyday cheeses you buy at your normal grocery market. I got some beautiful cheeses for a very reasonable price…Jarlsburg and very sharp cheddar. Also on a side note I got my cat litter at Wegmans for $3 cheaper than I pay for it at Wal-Mart. I also found Cheerwine there and I didn’t have to go all the way to North Carolina.  They also had an awesome international section and a crazy hot food bar...again like bigger than my house.  The store is HUGE!


 
I made some brownies with Cheerwine today. I used a box brownie mix and replaced the water with Cheerwine. So very yummy! You can do this with almost any soda you like. I also like to use Dr. Pepper for this. I found this on the Cheerwine website. I plan on trying it soon.

 

 

 
Cheerdevil Cake
Ingredients:
  • 1 box Devil’s Food cake mix
  • 1 cup Cheerwine soft drink
  • 1 tsp almond extract
Directions:

 
Mix the cake mix as directed on the box, but use the Cheerwine in place of water for the liquid. Also, add the almond extract which is not called for on the box mix.

 
Bake the cake as directed on the cake mix box.

 
Then, make the Cheerwine Cake Frosting.


Cheerwine Cake Frosting
Ingredients:
  • ½ cup butter or margarine (let soften)
  • 1/3 cup Cheerwine soft drink
  • ¼ cup cocoa (baking powdered chocolate - usually near the flour in the grocery)
  • 1 lb box powdered sugar (or 2 ½ cups if bought in bulk bag)
  • ¼ tsp almond extract
Directions:

 
Mix together butter and Cheerwine with a mixer. Add cocoa, powdered sugar, and almond extract and mix until smooth.

 

Spread frosting on cool Cheerwine Cake.


 
That’s how to make an easy Cheerwine Cake using a cake mix. It’s a unique tasting cake and also a very pretty cake. In fact, Cheerwine Cake has become so popular that a local baking company has teamed up with Cheerwine for a ready-made Cheerwine Cake.

 
If you can’t get Cheerwine in your area, then check out the Cheerwine web site. They do ship this great Southern soda. So, you can try this terrific soft drink and cake even if you don't live in the South.

 
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment