Sunday, October 23, 2011

I'm here for October...barely!

Here are two for October...My Mother and Grandmother used to make these out of the leftover mashed potatoes.  I like to make them for breakfast and have them with eggs.
The second recipe is one I stole from an ex.  I always loved it when they made this. 

Also...if you are out there...let me know you are there! Send me a recipe, just say hi, follow me or something!

Mashed Potato Pancakes

  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup mashed potatoes (left over)
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 1 green onion (finely chopped)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 -2 tablespoon milk
  • 2 -3 tablespoons shortening or 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions:
1 Beat the egg.
2 Mix the beaten egg with the mashed potatoes.
3 Stir in the dry ingredients.
4 Add the milk and mix well.
5 The batter should be very thick.
6 Melt the shortening or heat the oil in a skillet.
7 Spoon batter into the skillet to form 3" to 3-1/2" inch wide pancakes, about 1/2" thick.
8 Brown on one side, over medium heat. Turn and brown on the other side.
9 Serve with ketchup.





Chicken - Rice - Broccoli Casserole  

  •  1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped broccoli
  • 2 c. cooked, cubed chicken - I season mine with rosemary, garlic, pepper, and poultry seasoning
  • 2 c. cooked rice
  • 1 c. cheese, grated
  • 1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup - If you don't like mushrooms use cream of chicken or celery
  • 1 (3 oz.) can French fried onions
  • 1 soup can milk
Combine chicken, rice, cheese, broccoli, and soup. Add 1 soup can of milk; mix well. Pour in buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole. Top with onions. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until onions are brown and crisp.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment