Monday, September 20, 2010

AWOL - again!

I suck! I know! Time just gets away from me and before you know it, I haven’t written an entry in ages. I will blame World of Warcraft. It is an evil addiction I love! Speaking of WoW…there is a cookbook I am dying to get and try! The Original and Stricly Unoffical Tauren Chef Cookbook.

This is not to mean I haven’t been cooking, I have. Just yesterday I baked a beautiful chicken with stuffing. The key is low and slow. I start it on 200F for like four to five hours. I also put a bowl of beer with rosemary in the oven to let it seep into the chicken and it also made the house smell wonderful! Also the key to beautiful chicken is to rub the skin with olive oil before you bake it. I used to use butter but yeah, you know the healthy thing.

Two weeks ago I made beautiful chicken and bean/cheese/onion enchiladas for Melissa. The were OMG good. I used ground chicken instead of cubed chicken breasts and I will only use this from now on. It gave them a whole new texture and I ate leftovers happily for three days. I also used far free, reduced calorie everything but the cheese, because lets face it…low fat cheese sucks!

I will write more soon…I have tons of photos and my adventures in making cheese steaks at home, pancakes, and a plugged watermelon!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment