Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Absentee Chef

I know I know...there has been no Fat Kid updates...sadly real life takes over my Internet stardom.

I have that Crazy Cake recipe and pictures.  I must say is was quite good and very delicious.  The day I made it, Genea and I, that's all we had for dinner. Ha! I shared with my neighbor too and she enjoyed it as well.

Sue's Crazy Cake
  • 3 cups of flour
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 6 tablespoons coco powder
  • 2 teaspoons of baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 12 tablespoons of cooking oil
  • 2 tablespoons of vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla
  • 2 cups cold water
Make 3 deep impression in the dry mixture.  In one hole add the oil, one hole add the vinegar, and one hole add the vanilla...pour the water on top of all of the ingredients and fold until mixture is moist. The mixture will be runny.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Do not over bake! This cake drys out easily.










Now the icing if you so choose to ice it is:

  • 1 pound of powder sugar
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • milk to moisten
I whipped that up with an electric mixer...I used less sugar.  This worked out for me as the cake is pretty sweet and rich.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment