Thursday, August 26, 2010

Many Delicious Things!

Missing I have been, I know. I don’t really have a following anyway, so have I been missing?
I haven’t been cooking much. I haven’t had much inspiration.
I did however Monday find some energy and make some banana pudding. I love banana pudding! I cheat a lot in my making of it, but it is delicious.

J.J.’s Banana PuddingPOUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Let stand 5 min.

  • 4 cups cold milk (Want it really rich? Use heavy cream!)



  • 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding (I use the banana flavor!)



  • 30 NILLA Wafers



  • 3 medium bananas, sliced



  • 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed (Screw this…use real whipped cream!)




  • ARRANGE half of the wafers on bottom and up side of 2-qt. serving bowl; top with layers of half each of the banana slices and pudding. Repeat all layers. Cover with whipped topping. (If you opt for real whipped cream don’t cover till you serve!)

    REFRIGERATE 3 hours. Store leftovers in refrigerator.

    I also made White Chili yesterday. This stuff is killer…I have made it thicker to use for enchiladas. It is good just as chili though.

    J.J.’s White ChiliSpice Mix – these are the approximate spices. I cheat and get the McCormick White Chicken Chili Mix
    • 1 tablespoon olive oil
    • 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves -- cut in 1" cubes
    • 1/4 cup chopped onion
    • 1 cup chicken broth
    • 1 can chopped green chilies
    • 1 can cannellini beans – drained
    • 1 can black beans – drained/rinsed - optional
    • Cheese – Optional
    • Sour Cream – Optional
    • Tortilla Chips – Optional




    • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
    • 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
    • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
    • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
    • 1/2 teaspoon cilantro

    1. Mix spices together to make Southwest Spice Blend.


    2. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onions; cook 4-5 minutes.

    3. Stir in broth, green chilies and Spice Blend; simmer 15 minutes.

    4. Stir in beans. Simmer 5 minutes. Garnish with Monterey Jack/Mexican Blend cheese, sour cream, chips, if desired.


    Good stuff!  I also made my own tortilla chips to go with the chili.  They turned out well and were better than the store bought ones!


    Last night the roommate brought home White Castle's as well…the roommate is a truck driver and was in NJ yesterday and imported them home for me. Nothing better than White Castle Burgers to munch on while playing World of Warcraft!

      

      
    Print Friendly and PDF

    No comments :

    Post a Comment