Saturday, April 14, 2012

Peanut Butter Pie...Oh My!


Seeing as I wrote about Easter dinners last April...I thought I would take this April to write about pies.  I have written about pies before...lemonade pie, pumpkin pie, etc...This year for Easter, I made a chocolate cream pie and one of my personal favorites: Peanut Butter Pie.

I had never had peanut butter pie till about 10 years ago when I spent my first Easter with my ex's family. She has an aunt that makes all these killer pies.  Her peanut butter pie was heavenly.  Then...I had my friend Sue's peanut butter pie.  OMG!

So after some begging and pleading...Sue has graciously given me her peanut butter pie recipe with permission to share it with you lovely people as long as I give her credit and I always give credit where credit is due.

Sue's Peanut Butter Pie


  • 1 - 8oz brick of cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cups powder sugar
  • Peanut Butter to taste...I used a whole 15oz jar of Skippy
  • 1 - 8oz tub Cool Whip
  • 1 Gram Cracker Pie Shell 

Whip cream cheese, powder sugar, and peanut butter together until fluffy.  Fold in Cool Whip.  Poor into crust.  Chill for at least an hour.  

I served it with some whipped cream on top.  I think my next go round with it I am going to try a chocolate crust.  Thanks again Sue, you are the best!!!


J.J.'s Chocolate Cream Pie

  • 1 - 4 oz package chocolate Jell-O instant pudding
  • 1 c. heavy Whipping Cream 
  • 1/2 c. Cool Whip 
  • 1 baked 8 inch pie shell or Gram Craker 

Mix pudding using 1 cup whipping cream, blend in Cool Whip. Spoon into a 8 inch pie shell. Garnish with chocolate curls and Cool Whip if desired. Chill for at least 1 hour.


I am one of those peanut butter lovers.  I love almost anything with peanut butter in or on it.  Another one of my favorites is peanut butter fudge.  My Mother had this covered...I always loved her peanut butter fudge the best.

Mom's Peanut Butter Fudge
4 cups white sugar• 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk• 1 cup butter• 1 cup crunchy peanut butter• 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow fluff 
1.Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish and set aside. Butter a 3 quart saucepan. 
2.Place buttered saucepan over medium heat, and combine sugar, evaporated milk and 1 cup butter within. Heat to between 234 and 240 degrees F (112 to 116 degrees C), or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface. 
3.Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. Beat vigorously until smooth. Pour quickly into prepared baking dish. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Hint: As with all fudge recipes, cooking time will vary depending on factors such as humidity and altitude. For best results, use the softball test to make sure the fudge has been cooked enough. Also the best way to cut fudge…use a pizza cutter!!!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment