Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sauce Fail

I haven’t been feeling myself lately, so slow on the entries. I did have a wonderful dinner Saturday evening at Carrabba's. If you have never been there before I suggest trying it. You will never want Olive Garden again.

I had the best Caesar salad of my life. It was garlicky, fresh and had a nice amount of Parmesan on it. For my entree I had the Italian Classics with chicken Parmesan, lasagna, and fettuccine alfredo. All so good...the chicken was tender and juicy...everything was just perfect. Even my service was excellent. I was so full I got my dessert to go. I really dig some good TiramisĂș.


Last week I attempted to make the General Tso's/Orange Chicken sauce. It was a major fail. I am going to play with the recipe again and see if I can make it work. I ended up making my chicken and broccoli casserole instead. Always have a plan B!

J.J.'s Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

  • 1 to 1.5lbs of boneless, skinless chicken...breasts or thighs whatever you prefer cut into bite sized pieces
  • olive oil
  • chopped broccoli
  • 1 can low sodium cream of mushroom soup – if you don't like mushrooms use celery/chicken
  • Milk
  • Rosemary to taste - chopped
  • garlic to taste
  • ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
  • ¼ cup bread crumbs
  • 1 – 2 cups rice cooked
  • low sodium season salt
  • fresh ground pepper
  • shredded cheddar – optional

 
Preheat oven to 350. SautĂ© chicken with olive oil on low with seasonings. Cook thoroughly and set aside. Mix soup...almost a full can of milk, measured in the soup can...with rice, broccoli, and cheddar cheese then add chicken. Place in a greased casserole dish. Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan to top casserole. Bake 20 to 30 minutes until top is golden and casserole is bubbly.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment