Thursday, August 12, 2010

Taco Thursday, but really it was Wednesday

Tacos! I love tacos! I made them for dinner. I like to put lots of things in my tacos. I like this fairly new taco shell…the Stand and Stuff ones from El Paso. They are awesome as they hold more taco stuff.


From Wikipedia:

A taco (pronounced /ˈtɑːkoʊ/) is a traditional Mexican dish composed of a corn or wheat tortilla folded or rolled around a filling. A taco can be made with a variety of fillings, including beef, chicken, seafood, vegetables and cheese, allowing for great versatility and variety. A taco is generally eaten without utensils and is often accompanied by garnishes such as salsa, cilantro, tomatoes, onions and lettuce.

What I like to stuff in my home tacos:
• Refried Beans
• Seasoned ground meat
• Onion
• Tomato
• Black Olives
• Cheese
• Sour Cream
• Medium Taco Sauce

As I have mentioned before…I learned to make salsa/ pico de gallo from a Mexican man. This stuff is delicious and I will eat it with a spoon.
J.J.’s Salsa
• 4 + medium/large red tomatoes diced
• 1 jalapeños per 4 tomatoes – more if you like it really spicy, deveined/seeded with a fine dice
• Small/medium onion – red or white diced
• ½ tablespoon of minced garlic
• Salt to taste
• 1 teaspoon of olive oil
• 1 medium avocado – diced (optional)

Mix together and let stand in fridge for a couple hours. The longer it sits the better it gets. If you add avocado add it right before serving. You can add cilantro if you like…I have learned to leave it out as my roommate doesn’t like it.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment